An interdisciplinary major that integrates coursework in chemistry with other environmentally related disciplines.
Eleven courses required
- Chem 102: General Chemistry II OR Chem 111: Advanced General Chemistry
- Chem 201: Organic Chemistry
- Chem 308: Inorganic Chemistry
- Chem 311: Chemical Analysis
- Two additional Chemistry courses numbered 200 or higher other than 301, 401, 444
- EnSt 200: Introduction to Environmental Studies
Three additional courses chosen from the Environmental Studies Lists. At least one course must be chosen from
- 1. Humanities/Social Science list and at least one must be chosen from 2. Sciences list from a department other than Chemistry.
- One Capstone course: EnSt 400, EnSt 240, Chem 444 or Chem 494
Recommended (outside the major) for the B.S. track
- Math 102: Calculus II
- Phys 101 and 102: General Physics OR equivalent
- Stat 204: Elementary Statistics
- One additional science lab course outside of chemistry